DS 200 - CLINICAL DRIVING SIMULATOR
The SimClinic DS 200 simulator was developed as an affordable option for therapists who need to address driving-related issues in their practices. Packed with clinician-oriented features, the DS 200 includes powerful tools that help therapists exercise and measure physical functioning, cognition and vision of their clients. Useful in a wide variety of applications, the DS 200 uses powerful SimClinic™ software and incorporates many of the capabilities of SimClinic’s full-scale research simulators but without the full automotive cab. The DS 200 features outstanding fidelity and face validity and has undergone extensive usability studies with both clients and practitioners.
A Complete Simulated Driving Experience
The custom-designed console with electric height adjustment enables drivers to sit comfortably as they experience simulated driving scenarios and ambient traffic. The DS 200 operator interface is easy for clinicians to use from a dedicated touchscreen tablet, which is included with the system.
The DS 200 simulator gives us an incredible opportunity to see if all the patient’s performance skills necessary for driving are coming together in a safe environment. Our therapists can uncover deficiencies without going for a drive with the patients and potentially putting their safety at risk.
Owner, Adaptive Mobility Services
- Three 19” LCD screens, each with 1920 x 1080 resolution
- Adjustable electric-lift table
- Sharp, high-resolution (retina-limited) visual displays and 110 degree field of view
- Real-time rear and side view wide angle mirrors
- Tilt and telescoping steering wheel with dynamic electric torque feedback
- Accelerator and brake pedals
- Live instrument cluster
- Driver input and control buttons
- Vinyl-covered free-standing chair
- High-quality sound system Runtime simulation software, system computers, printer and accessories
- Wireless tablet-based operator interface hardware and software
- SimClinic software scenario libraries
- Includes shipping, installation, half day onsite training and 1 year of support
The powerful software that runs the DS 200 is called SimClinic®, Delivering dozens of driving scenarios and interactive exercises for clients. The SimClinic™ library is comprised of clinical-inspired activities organized into the following four progressive phases.
Pre-Driving Clinical Exercises, Basic Functional Abilities
More Functional Abilities in the Context of Simple Driving
Progressive Basic Driving Skills
Advanced Driving Skills and Naturalistic Scenarios